It’s time to choose who speaks for you. Elections are being held for all seats on UNISON’s National Executive Council (NEC), the governing body of the union.
A ballot paper will be sent to every eligible member at their home address, together with information on the candidates. The ballot opens on 3 April 2017 and closes on 28 April 2017.
If you have not received your ballot paper by 11 April, please call 0800 0857 857. Lines open 6am to midnight, Monday to Friday and 9am to 4pm on Saturday.
University of Brighton Branch nominated the following candidates.
For Higher Education, our branch nominated Kath Owen and Sandy Nicoll.
They stand for:
- A fighting and democratic union
- Active campaigning branches
- A decent pay rise
- No to privatisation and outsourcing
- Defend migrant staff, students & refugees
- For free education
We support their candidacy as we believe our union needs to:
- End austerity, defend public services
- Defend all our communities from bigotry
- End poverty pay, Living Wage now
- Celebrate our international campus communities
- Stop Trump, oppose racism
- Defend the NHS
We also nominated the following candidates:
Jacqui Berry, Diana Leach and Dan Sartin for South East Regional Seats
Josie Runswick for the Young Members’ Seat
April Ashley for a Black Members’ Seat
Roger Lewis for a Disabled Members’ Seat
We want our NEC to reflect the democracy of our union, so please make sure you use your vote!