Regional Women’s Forum in Eastbourne

ForumUNISON Southeast Women are holding a Women’s Forum on 30 September to 2 October. The forum is open to women members.

You can find out more and apply for this event by downloading thisĀ pdf and returning it to unisonhelp@brighton.ac.uk

Last year, the branch Women’s Officer attended the Women’s Forum and here is what she had to say about it;

I feel more confident since becoming involved with Southeast Women and the other UNISON Self-Organised Groups. As someone who struggles to communicate due to various mental health and anxiety-related issues, I made connections with similar members in other branches and discovered I had skills that I could put to use in University of Brighton. It was also because of the support provided by the Self-Organised Groups that I felt able to start talking about my mental health in my workplace without embarrassment.

Southeast Women offer training that is suitable for members who are new to trade unions and/or activism, and I was pleased to see that they used accessible language so I didn’t feel left behind in the workshops. They offer practical courses like assertiveness skills (pdf) but if you find you want to get more involved they can signpost you to other learning opportunities like branch officer training or leadership training.